What skincare should I use in my 40s?
Skincare is essential in your 40’s due to the major changes that your body starts to go through.
Collagen levels decrease by about 1% per year from the age of 25. However after we hit 40 this rate speeds up and the collagen levels drop rapidly. Therefore it is important to change up your skincare routine when you reach your 40s.
- Apricot oil is rich in omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid, which helps to hydrate and nourish skin while vitamins A and E contained in the oil encourage regeneration of skin cells and collagen production to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Sun exposure can cause dark spots may start to form and also contributes to the appearance of aging skin when its ultraviolet light produces free radicals.
- Vitamin E is a type of antioxidant, which may be able to counteract the effects of free radicals and can help to fade the spots.
Your complexion appears dull because cells are turning over more slowly, meaning dead cells are staying on the surface of your skin longer.
- Vitamin E promotes new cell growth, cell regeneration and boosts collagen, which helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
As well as environmental factors, changes in hormones play a major part in the aging process
Perimenopause begins in the 40s, and oestrogen levels start to drop causing your skin begins to feel very dry
- Macadamia oil is perfect for mature skin as it is high in omega 7, vitamin E and proteins. Macadamia is a hydrating, soothing, healing oil that is ideal for dry skin.
Testosterone levels also start to change, this hormone is essential for regulating oil glands so as a result it reveals itself by stimulating sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum, giving the appearance of oily skin or adult acne in some women.
- Jojoba oil is similar to the skin’s own natural oil. It balances oil production and penetrates the top layer of the skin and works with the skin’s own natural oil to help open and unblock pores, reducing impurities. It can be used to treat acne and soothes sensitive skin.
Ermana face oils include all these key ingredients – apricot, macadamia and jojoba oil as well as vitamin e which are vital for combatting the changes in our skin which occur in our 40’s.
Face or facial oils are made from a rich blend of botanical oils which are packed with natural vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, omega oils and fatty acids which are essential to keep the skin hydrated and nourished as it starts to age.